Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: Day Fourteen

More review of the muscles and nerves. Been studying mostly at work. I'm eight days from quitting my part-time job to devote all my free time to school.

It's been a long struggle but I think I'm finally getting it all together. Mostly now I just have to work on being able to "demonstrate" each action at each major muscle and be able to point out where each origin/insertion is, which can't be as difficult as memorizing each in the first place.

Looking forward to finally getting back into the classroom, though. Those A&P courses are wonderful but they don't adequately prepare you for the rigor of the program (or so I hear); when I did my observation hours a few months ago, I spoke with a PTA who was also a state APTA board member who told me he had (keyword: HAD) to study for four hours a night.

While all the extra study time doesn't bother me much, the class-wide presentations plus the clinicals plus the extra study time might.

We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment