Friday, August 22, 2014

Day Five: Emotional rollercoaster

That's what this week has been, largely. Just a series of ups and downs the size of which left me tired and weak by the end of each day.

Can't say I didn't enjoy it, though!

Future PTA students - those of you who read this blog, anyway - please do take notice. I don't know your program or your instructors. Everything is coming from my personal experience and my own instructors at my own campus. But what IS uniform with your program, most likely, is the pacing of the courses. And it is fast. I have a four-year degree in English from a local university and I've never had to learn so much in so little time. They cram 15 weeks of school into 11 to make room for administrative stuff plus clinicals. And I can guarantee that will be what your program wants from you.

No, if I'd had a better idea of the pace of this program (and had more than just people's words to go on), I'd have had all my homework done well ahead of time. Needless to say, I'm not exactly behind, but getting homework done is a critical process that slows study time down. It's nice to have weekends for a short reprieve, but once Monday hits it's going to hit hard.

I'm just saying: get ahead of the game before it gets ahead of you. That's the lesson I learned the hard way this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment