Friday, September 5, 2014

Day Fifteen: So it's been a day...

...or two since I last updated. Sorry. Been busy! You understand, right?

Two practicals are coming up next week. I took a test today and did a presentation on my book I mentioned in a previous update ("The Horse Boy" by Rupert Isaacson). Think I nailed both of 'em. But THEN we had an "open lab" session with the teacher we're having practicals with next week and it made me pretty nervous to think of all the practice I still need. Worse still was the message I received through our online school forum with all the rules regarding practical day: our lab is one full day in the week, so on practical day we have to randomly select a time from a hat and prepare ourselves for it. Everyone will eventually go, but some will have more time to prepare for practicals that morning/early afternoon than others, so it's important to come to class prepared to go right away.

My lab day (and therefore my practical day) is Wednesday -- for that class, anyway (Clinical Kinesiology). I have another practical the following day (Therapeutic Procedures), with the same type of standards.

Basically I saw that message and it hit me that this is definitely happening.

I hope I don't come off sounding whiny or griping about the wonderful experiences I'm getting. But man. These practicals are 5-6 days away and I'm ALREADY feeling nervous.

I'll try to think of it like Russell Brand once said: "I feel nervous! It feels good to feel something."

Yeah. Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment